I've decided to make a winter coat this year, something of a perennial habit for me. I made my first one at a sewing class, and it's great, mostly thanks to a good fabric choice.
Last year I made another, but a combination of probably the wrong pattern, and definitely the wrong fabric, plus some fitting issues ended up with a wadder.
So this year I'm going all out, I did a bunch of research on patternreview.com and picked out a pattern that I think will work, simplicity 2812
Decided on a combo of collar (gathered), sleeve (inverted pleat), length (mid thigh), pretty much like the red coat in this picture
I even did a muslin of the bodice and made the necessary adjustments
And this evening I cut out the bodice and interfaced it. Which went well although this black fuzz that is all over everything is a bit ominous...
Wish me luck!