Saturday, January 7, 2012

Pretty Filofax dividers

After struggling for a while with trying to maintain my schedule and tasks on a combo of my phone, iPad, and work computer, I'm giving a paper based system a go.  I've had diaries in the past but have always ended up with bits of paper going everywhere, so I've decided to try a Filofax.  Well, to be fair, I don't actually have a true Filofax yet, I've got a debden-Collins (which I think is mostly found in Australia and New Zealand) in the equivalent of pocket size.  If it works for me then I'll shell out and get a Filofax, probably a personal chameleon I think.  I need to know if it's a good option for me before I spend all that money, they are not cheap, although if it's a good system for you then it seems like it would pay for itself compared to buying a new diary each year.  

Side rant - the prices in NZ compared to the states or the UK.  We're used to things costing more here than overseas, but an organiser that costs $69 on the filofax USA site costs $169NZ on the Filofax NZ site, which is the equivalent of $132 US!  Nearly twice as much!  Why so much more?!  Anyway, rant over, I'll find somewhere else to buy it.  

I'm a very visual person, and I like my everyday items to look pretty, so the plain dividers weren't really doing it for me, so I made some new ones, which I like a lot better.  


These are yet to be hole punched, as we don't have a hole punch at home so it'll have to wait until I'm at work.  I used the address tabs as a template but I think next time I would use larger/longer tabs.




7 comments:

  1. These dividers are very nice! Did you use scrap booking paper or is it something heavier? I use a personal size Osterly Filofax and think it is definitely worth the initial cost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are scrapbooking cardstock, I think normal scrapbooking paper would get ragged pretty quick. Glad you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty :) love the colour scheme x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog through Philofaxy (lovely dividers!) and just went back and read your archives. I'm adding your site to my Google Reader because I share some of your same interests - sewing, quilting, Filofax, and papercrafting, although I've never tried making cards, only simple scrapbooks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some GORGEOUS dividers! Nice to see another Kiwi out there in the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete